Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Reflections on Nothing

Nothing. There really isn't anything to reflect this morning. I woke up feeling fine. I had thoughts of loneliness, or, perhaps it was a tinge of sadness, but it bounced off me like a racquetball off a wall, or a cork hit in water. I couldn't really explain what the feelings were, other than they dissipated rather quickly.

After a small while, which consisted of making breakfast, I think I knew what it was. I was concerned about two of my friends this morning. Both of them are going through so much stress right now, and I worry about them. Well, worry isn't the right word, but it will have to do. Alack, however, I can't do anything more than what I'm doing, so I won't worry. But in my heart, I'm wishing them the best with their struggles, and I know that they have the strength to persevere through this challenge.

But me? I feel still, which is an odd feeling. But I also feel happy in that particular lonely way, which is also an odd feeling. My feelings are just kind of odd, today. It'll be interesting to see how my reflections and meditations end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment